Citizen Incident Reports
Citizens Online Police Reporting System
For a crime in progress and all emergencies, call 9-1-1 immediately. Please read below in its entirety before proceeding with filing an online report.
ONLINE REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
Welcome to the Elizabeth Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Completing an online reporting system, you will be allowed to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following information before proceeding with an online citizen police report:
- The incident occurred in the City of Elizabeth
- The incident is not an emergency
- The incident is not a crime in progress
- The incident does not require immediate police involvement
- There are no known suspects
- There are no injured persons
- The nature of the incident is listed below.
When property is missing or lost and is not suspected to have been taken by someone
Property that is missing: leaving items in a restaurant.
When property is unintentionally damaged. Does not include motor vehicle collisions
A golf ball unintentionally strikes a vehicle and causes damage.
Your property is taken without your permission
Property is suspected to be stolen by another individual, but their identity is unknown.
Obtaining someone’s personal identifying information and using it to obtain credit, goods, or services
Someone obtains a credit card using your Social Security Number or obtains phone service using your personal identification, but the identity of the suspect is unknown.
Criminal Mischief (Vandalism)
The act of intentionally changing, modifying, or defacing public or private property
Graffiti, knocking over a mailbox, throwing a rock through a window, etc.
Informing the police of observed traffic violations
Reoccurring speeding violations in a neighborhood or a residential area
If the above statements are true, you can file your report online. Please ensure that you turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you are unsure or unable to decide if the incident meets the criteria for an online citizen police report, please call the Police department at 908-558-2000.
Please Note: Filing a false police report is a crime. Any false information given may result in prosecution under N.J.S.2C:28-4 (False Statements to Law Enforcement Authorities).
- All online reports will be reviewed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Any reports filed after business hours or over the weekend will be reviewed on the following business day.
- All incidents requiring immediate police involvement must be reported by calling the police department at 908-558-2000 or by calling 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted via e-mail or by telephone.
FILE YOUR REPORT ONLINE
If you have read the above information in its entirety and wish to file an online report, please proceed with our online reporting form. Once this form has been completed, please e-mail the form to SelfReporting@ElizabethNJ.org.
If you have decided that your matter needs immediate assistance, please call 908-558-2000 or 9-1-1 if it is an emergency.